Saturday, November 19, 2011

Almond Party Spread


Ok, so this might not be the healthiest snack ever, but it is darn good. It's the perfect spread for a football gathering, cocktail hour, or Christmas party (I LOVE weekends in December). I make it several times a year for friends and everyone always loves it!

Almond Party Spread

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss Cheese
1/3 cup mayo or Miracle Whip (reduced fat is ok)
1 green onion, chopped
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup sliced almonds
1 tbsp butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all ingredients except almonds. Press into 8x8 or pie pan.


Toast almonds with butter and sprinkle on top of mixture.

Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted. Let cool a few minutes. Serve with bread or crackers.

2 comments:

  1. this looks amazing! I may have to try it this weekend. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss this dip almost as much as I miss you, Steph!

    ReplyDelete