Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Busy Knitting

Hello friends!  It's been a crazy winter here in Bloomington.  I've had a lot time on my hands due to my husband's busy teaching schedule.  It's given me ample hours pursue some long-lost knitting projects.  I thought I would share them with you!  I've included links for most projects.

For any knitters who haven't yet signed up for Ravelry, you need to...like, yesterday.  It's the perfect site to find patterns, organize your knitting list, and get help if you need it (somehow I always do).  I find most of my knitting patterns on this site, though I still love my old standbys, Last Minute Knitted Gifts and More Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson.  I made these fingerless gloves with the help of Joelle:



I also made a few gifts for my loved ones.  My sister got this double cabled scarf and a retro headband. The ear warmer headband has become my go-to for a nice, quick gift - I must have given half a dozen for Christmas.  They are also an easy way to get rid of scrap yarn!


My other sister got a headband (she requested a bow that big)!  I made that one from a picture.  It was basically three rectangles, one with a slight indent in the middle, sewn together.


My husband received this sweater for Christmas.  However, he still hasn't worn it - my fault completely!  I was using stash yarn but ran out.  The matching yarn I bought was from a different dye lot.  Can you tell?  It bothers me enough that I am in the process of trying to re-dye the yarn with Rit dye.  I hope it works out and doesn't mess with the superwash finish on the wool!  I'll let you know....*finger biting*


My spring break project was to make my long, skinny dog a sweater.  She has virtually no body fat and gets cold if we aren't outside exercising.  This was the end result!  Not bad for having to change the pattern completely - Ginny is a size medium, large, AND extra large in different places!  What a weirdo.


I'm now on to a project for myself, finally!  I'm making myself this heirloom cardigan.  Though I'm still in the beginning stages, I already love the warm merino wool and delightful details, like the twisted stitch ribbing and the bound edge showing on the sleeves and bottom.  I'll make sure to post when I'm done!


While I'm am happy to share all my knitting projects with you, I really hope spring will be here soon.  I love cozying up with a cup of tea and some skeins of yarn, but I cannot wait to be outdoors gardening in the sunshine.  More on that later!



No comments:

Post a Comment